8 ways to sleep more soundly despite your tinnitus
We are all quite aware that sleep is an important function that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed and alert when you wake up. Healthy sleep also helps the body stay healthy and ward off disease. But what do you do when you suffer from tinnitus and your sleep is affected for the worse?
It is quite common for many tinnitus patients to struggle with sleep. Treble Health, which is an audiology company in the USA that offers CBT treatment, has written a blog where they have found that there are 8 effective techniques to improve sleep with tinnitus. These techniques have helped their patients consistently improve their sleep.
- When trying to sleep with tinnitus, it is important to consider whether the condition is making it difficult for you to fall asleep, staying asleep despite your tinnitus, or both.
- Also consider how many hours of sleep you can get with tinnitus.
- It is recommended that adults aim for 6-8 hours of sleep per night, regardless of whether they have tinnitus or not.
- Tinnitus can often cause insomnia and anxiety, but these issues don't have to be a long-term problem.
To sleep better with tinnitus, it is important to understand the concept of habituation. Habituation is the process that causes the brain to become less sensitive to a sound over time. Just as we can get used to the sound of our own breathing, we can also get used to the sound of tinnitus. When we do this, the brain can categorize tinnitus as just another sound, rather than a potential threat or annoyance. As a result, the volume of tinnitus may decrease.
The 8 different ways to sleep better mentioned in the article are:
- Perform a sleep audit
- Only take medications if needed
- Change the way you fall asleep
- Experiment with sound therapy
- Experiment with sleep sounds
- Body scans
You can read more by clicking here or on source further down.
We want to change and improve!
Duearity's goal is to improve the lives of tinnitus sufferers and give people with tinnitus hope and the opportunity to enjoy life. Therefore, we have developed a medical technology product that should be able to be used at any time of the day, because it is highly individual when you want to treat and relieve your tinnitus.
But we are quite convinced that the majority will choose to use Tinearity in the evening and at night. The reason is that during the day there is noise in the environment which mitigates the tinnitus symptoms. So it is highly individual when the effect is experienced at its.
You can read more about the treatment by clicking here: Treatment with Tinearity G1 Please get in touch if you want to know more about how we at Duearity treat tinnitus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to sign up for our >>newsletter for offers, webinars and events.