Tinnitus help: What you can do to relieve your tinnitus?
What is tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a condition where you hear sounds that are not in your environment, such as ringing, hissing, beeping or knocking. It can be constant or come and go, and can vary in strength and pitch. It can affect your quality of life, your sleep, your concentration and your mood.
Why do you get tinnitus?
There are many possible causes, such as hearing damage, age-related hearing loss, ear infections, wax plugs, stress, high blood pressure, medications or other illnesses. Sometimes no clear cause for tinnitus can be found.
How can I relieve my tinnitus?
There is no cure, but there are things you can do to ease your discomfort and reduce how much tinnitus bothers you. Here are some tips on things you can try:
- Seek medical attention . It is important that you get a medical evaluation of your tinnitus to rule out any serious conditions that may be behind it. Your doctor may also advise you on treatments that may help, such as hearing aids, sound therapy or cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Protect your hearing . Avoid exposure to loud noises that can damage your ears and worsen your tinnitus. Use hearing protection when you are in noisy environments, for example at concerts, in traffic or at work. Turn down the volume on your music, TV or radio.
Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) is a treatment method for tinnitus where sound stimulation is combined with CBT to relieve the brain and relieve your tinnitus. The purpose of TRT is to reduce the impact of tinnitus on your life situation by using white noise to reduce the contrast between sound and silence. Read more HERE
- Manage your stress. Stress can increase your experience of tinnitus and make it more difficult to manage. Try to find ways to reduce your stress level and relax in everyday life. For example, you can try meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, massage or hobbies.
- The sleep . Lack of sleep can make things worse and affect your health and well-being. Try to create good sleep hygiene by following a regular circadian rhythm, avoiding caffeine and alcohol in the evening, darkening your bedroom and avoiding screens before bedtime. You can also use sound therapy or relaxation techniques to help you fall asleep.
- Seek support. Living with this can be challenging and lonely. It can help to talk to someone who understands what you are going through, such as a family member, a friend, a therapist or another person with tinnitus. You can also join a support group or forum for people with tinnitus where you can share your experiences and get tips and advice.
Tinnitus help is available if you suffer from this condition. By following these tips, you can find ways to relieve your tinnitus and improve your quality of life.
We want to change and improve!
Our goal is to improve the everyday life of individuals with tinnitus
and give them hope to be able to enjoy life again. Therefore, we have developed a medical device that can be used at any time, as each person experiences their tinnitus differently and needs different treatment times.
You can read more about the treatment by clicking here: Treatment with Tinearity G1 Please get in touch if you want to know more about how we at Duearity treat tinnitus: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for our >>newsletter for offers, webinars and events.